Each country has its history. The philosopher George Santayana stated “Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it.” It is our hope to keep the history of the 1st and 2nd World Wars alive and in the memories of our friends to ensure that it is forever remembered, yet show you the warmth and hospitality of this beautiful country.
We will take you back to those times where you will walk in the footsteps of those who gave their lives for freedom, those who suffered the hardships, and those who conquered tyranny. You will see the famous WWII defensive positions of the Maginot Line in Eastern France, the WWI trenches and cemetery in the plains of Verdun, tour the beautiful region of Alsace-Loraine, now known for its world-class wines, but also the site of Natzweiller-Strutof, the only German concentration camp on French soil. You will see the famous D-Day beaches of Normandy where WWII allied forces overcame insurmountable German defenses, and experience the emotions of gratitude and humility during your visit the US Forces Cemetery at Colleville, the burial sites of those who gave the full measure in the defense of freedom.
You will sip champagne in Reims, the true home of Champagne and stroll in the gardens of Giverny, which gave inspiration to the famous artist Monet.Your motorcycle adventure will also include two nights in Paris with time to experience the wonders, history, and beauty of the City of Lights and create fantastic memories to last for a lifetime !
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN STRASBOURG
Day 2 STRASBOURG - SAVERNE (150 km / 94 miles)
Day 3 SAVERNE - SAARBURG (180 km / 119 miles)
Day 4 SAARBURG - VERDUN (256 km / 159 miles)
Day 5 VERDUN - REIMS (140 km / 86 miles)
Day 6 REIMS - PARIS (195 km / 121 miles)
Day 7 PARIS
Day 8 PARIS - HONFLEUR (218 km / 135 miles)
Day 9 HONFLEUR - CARENTAN (150 km / 94 miles)
Day 10 DEPARTURE FROM CARENTAN TO PARIS
Prices (in € PP) :
The price of this motorcycle tour includes :
- Train transfer from/to Paris Airport and transfer to hotels on arrival and departure
- Motorcycle rental with unlimited mileage and insurance
- A professional bilingual guide on a motorcycle leading the group
- 9 hotel nights in two and three star hotels with continental breakfast
- Luggage transport with a support vehicle (if more than 5 teams)
- Entrance tickets to Hackenberg, Omaha Beach museum and Struthof camp.
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Tour information package with road-book and travel tips.
Not included in the price of this motorcycle tour :
- Flight tickets
- Any other meals not included in the tour
- Drinks and all personal expenses
- Riding equipment (helmet, jackets, gloves)